Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UTHealth School of Dentistry: Logout Page
What are EBSCO eBooks
What are EBSCO eBooks?
EBSCO eBooks are online versions of print books that your library has either purchased with a perpetual license or via an annual subscription. eBooks that are owned will be available to the library in perpetuity, with provisions being made for long term access and preservation. eBooks available via subscription are renewed annually for the library to retain access. EBSCO eBooks are available from all major academic publishers in virtually all academic disciplines.
EBSCO eBooks offer a number of advantages over their print counterparts. Users can:
- Download titles to mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android Devices
- Search within a book for specific words or phrases
- Save, print, or email chapters or sections
- Copy and paste portions of text for easy access during the research process
- Link to books or book chapters for easy reference or social sharing
- Save a list of favorite books to a personal book shelf
- Generate or export citations to bibliographic management tools
- Save notes to a personal folder with an EBSCOhost account
- Navigate between sections or chapters and the index via linking
- Place holds on titles with limited simultaneous user licenses (though most titles are available for unlimited access)
If you’re interested in making a purchase of an eBook for the library collection, contact your subject librarian.
EBSCO’s online eBook viewer supports reading on desktop or laptop computers and tablet devices. Our reader is browser-based, so there’s no need to download special software or hardware; users simply search, click and immediately start reading.
Need Help with EBSCO Products?
For more information or to contact Support, visit EBSCO Help.
View our Tutorials page on YouTube to watch our short videos on how to use EBSCO products.
EBSCO eBooks Search
Search for EBSCO eBooks in your institution's collection
Would you like to create your own EBSCO eBooks Search Box? Use our Search Box Builder tool to create your own.
Learn how to create your own Search Box